Tuesday 16 January 2018

Simple equipment for Facebook Live interviews

Facebook Live equipment

A business collegue emailed Friday asking what equipment I used for the Facebook Live interviews I’ve been doing at legal and tech conferences over the last year plus.

Video, and Facebook Live in particular, is perfect for a blogger. Publishers are using video more and more. Video is no longer the sole provence of television stations and video crews. Video is engaging and a perfect way to shine a light on influencers in your niche. Your influence grows.

Facebook Live is particularly good because of Facebook’s giving greater weight to video, particularly live. Like Google showcases the influencers in search via its algorithms, you build influence on Facebook via its algorithms which are influenced by live video.

So what do you need? First, it’s what you don’t need.

Don’t buy expensive and fancy equipment. To me, it’s a waste of money. It’s a headache to haul around. You’ll need another person or two to operate the trappings. Perhaps most important, you’ll loose some of the informality that makes Facebook Live video engaging for those being covered as well as viewers.

I did a fair amount of research before buying equipment. So though I am far from an expert I’d suggest going with the below. It’s what I reccomended to my friend on Friday.

In addition to Amazon, B & H Photo Video (everything listed) and MeFOTO (tripods) are good suppliers.

Thsi is just the equipment. I’m not covering style tips, suggested text copy on Facebook, getting the video off Facebook Live and onto YouTiube, getting a transcript and embedding the video on your blog. More to come.


Simple equipment for Facebook Live interviews posted first on http://lawpallp.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment