At LexBlog, we recently welcomed ten new blogs to the network spanning from Data Privacy to Family Businesses. Timely, a family business blog launched during a time when many are worried about President Trump’s conflict of interest with The Trump Organization. Although, each of these blogs practice areas most likely came up during the election one way or another.
- In the midst of President Donald Trump turning his company over to his sons, Murtha Cullina LLP launched their Family Business Perspectives blog. In the blog’s first post, editor Michael Connolly summed up the publication by saying, “This Blog is designed to identify and comment on common legal issues and current cases and developments that affect family-owned and controlled businesses.”
- Once again relevant, be sure to check out the Data Privacy & Security Observer from Balch & Bingham LLP. Joining what is a thriving community of blogs in the area, this publication takes aim at keeping companies apprised of the latest and biggest data risks.
- Davis Polk’s new blog Tax Reform and Transition covers the latest developments in tax reform, as well as shedding light on the background and context in which tax reforms will be considered. Given one-party control of the government and big campaign promises by President Donald Trump, tax reform seems to be one of the top priorities for the 115th Congress.
- Attorney Barry Seidel launched the Probate and Estates Blog. Barry has been running his own law practice since 1982, starting out as a general practitioner and moving on to probate matters. He says “Most (probate) cases involve three questions, which are: 1. Is there a Will or not? 2. Is the situation friendly or unfriendly? 3. Are you the person who will be handling the Estate or a person affected by the handling of the Estate.”
- The Fiduciary Advisor by Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel LLP offers an online resource covering emerging and new developments in laws and news affecting trust and estate administration as well as estate planning.
- Perform Law, a management consulting firm, is now offering advice to small and mid-size firms on their Law Firm Management Concepts blog. They’ll be posting “detailed analysis and advice for putting concepts into practice.”
- Education & Public Agency Law Blog by Ball Janik attorneys, reports on the “legal topics affecting real property developments and construction for school districts, universities, and public agencies.”
- From McCarthy Tétrault we have the International Arbitration Blog, where their practice team will discuss recent court and arbitration decisions that deal with complicated and important issues as well as new and applicable legislation in relevant jurisdictions, and commentary on new rules or procedures provided or adopted by arbitral bodies.
- Robinson+Cole launched their 9th blog, Health Law Diagnosis, “Monitoring the Pulse of Health Care and Life Sciences.” The blog will be covering a wide range of health care matters, ranging from Medicare to mergers and acquisitions.
- Lastly, we have Immigration Edge from Lane Powell which offers insight not only to individuals but regional, national, and international corporations seeking immigration advice.
New Blogs Joining the LexBlog Network posted first on http://lawpallp.tumblr.com